Thursday, November 21, 2013

Time I joined in on all the blogging!!

     I've been wanting to join the blogging world for a while and I'm glad I've finally decided to take the leap.  I enjoy all the great blogs out there and can only wish that I can be half as helpful as most of them.    So to get started I just wanted to share a little bit about myself.  I currently have a masters in teaching have been teaching for over six years. I currently teach first grade and wouldn't have it any other way!!  I absolutely love the challenges of first grade. I believe those challenges keep me going as well as the sweet little ones I get to hang out with everyday!!  I'm also lucky to have some great coworkers to get me through the hard times and add to the good times!!  I don't know what I would do without them.  
     
     As far as my personal life, I got engaged back in April to, yes, the absolute love of my life!!  He's my best friend and I can't believe it took us this long to figure it.  We've know each other since fourth grade where we met in church. My mom was our children church teacher and we barely said a word to each other.  He claims to have had a crush on me every since. Now 23 years later he made me his and I couldn't be happier!!! Our wedding is set for next August and it couldn't get here fast enough!! Here's a picture of us visiting his parents in Texas right after we got engaged.  They threw us a little surprise for our engagement!! So sweet!! The only downfall is that he's in his first year of residency so were ten hours apart from each.  But thanks to technology we get to Skype every night and that's way better than just talk or texting.  




     I do not have any kids at least none that are fully covered in hair.  lol!! Yes I am one those people that treats their dogs/babies like their children.  I have a white lab named Bella and a silky terrier named Bentley.  Sweetest dogs ever!!! I swear I'm not partial!  ;) pictures to come…



So as far as my classroom we're a magnet school and our focus is on health and environmental studies.  So we try to stay active, recycle, and learn about living off the land and the critters that live off of it as well.  We have three gardens at our school. The Sensory Garden, Rose Garden, and the Vegetable Garden. The names kind of speak for themselves but there is a little more to them.  The Sensory Garden also has a grilling section so that cooking can take place and other lessons of foods we use.  The Rose Garden has a couple of lovable creatures hopping around in it.  Their names are Oreo and Coco…you will understand the name choice when you see their picture. :)   In the vegetable garden there is an area for students to be able to eat lunch during the day with their teacher or maybe parents.  It's such a neat place that the kids absolutely love.  From this garden we use the vegetables to cook in our Nutrition Lab.  We are able to do cooking lessons that integrate with what were doing in the classroom.  So it's very ideal for the teachers and the student love it!!! Here's just a few pictures of activities and lessons in our gardens.

Sensory Garden



                                                      




Rose Garden








Vegetable Garden





I hope you enjoyed the pictures and theres more to come!! :) 
I'm excited to start sharing things that go on at our school as well as fun lessons and activities in the classroom!! I look forward to hearing from you guys and any questions you may have.  
      


No comments:

Post a Comment